Catholic Charities of Southeast Michigan (CCSEM) is the principal archdiocesan agency for works of mercy, providing help and giving hope to God’s people in the Archdiocese of Detroit. CCSEM shares Christ’s love with everyone it serves, assisting more than 20,000 people annually. Ministries include:
- Adoption and Foster Care Services
- Adult Day Health Services for those with dementia and similar cognitive impairments
- All Saints Soup Kitchen and Food Pantry, serving patrons in southwest Detroit
- Hispanic and Newcomer Outreach, providing support and education to help those new to the United States become self-sufficient
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Counseling for individuals and families
- Project Hope, providing support and resources for expectant mothers from birth and beyond
- Senior Volunteer Services, offering three programs for adults age 55 and older to serve in their communities
CCSEM helps to move individuals from dependence to healthy, self-sustained livelihoods. All ministries center on the dignity of the person and strengthening the family with a commitment to accompany all through their personal trials. Efforts continue to connect CCSEM with pastors, parishes, vicariates, church ministries, and other charitable organizations to provide collaborative and coordinated assistance.
Please consider referring a loved one, friend, or neighbor who may find healing and hope through a CCSEM program or service. Those interested can call 855-882-2736, visit ccsem.org, or email the organization at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is the relationship between CCSEM and the Archdiocese of Detroit?
- How is CCSEM funded and what is its budget?
- How many staff and volunteers does CCSEM have?
- How does CCSEM determine which programs and services to offer?
- What is the difference between CCSEM and other Catholic charitable organizations in the region like crisis pregnancy centers, counseling services, food banks, St. Vincent de Paul councils and programs to help the homeless?
- How can I learn more about CCSEM?