Couples can view the status of their Pre-Marriage File here.
To find your status, search for your marriage date and then your initials.
Please note that the status-list contains only those files that arrived at the Dispensation Office after February 15, 2017. To check the status of a file that arrived before February 15, 2017, you'll have to call the Dispensation Office. Also, the Dispensation Office normally handles files for marriages between a Catholic and a non-Catholic. Files for marriages between two Catholics remain with the parish unless they are being sent to another diocese.
Regarding the Status column:
- "File Received" means that the file has arrived in the Dispensation Office and is awaiting review.
- "Information Requested" means that the Dispensation Office seeks clarification on the file from either the parish that prepared the documents or the place of marriage. There is nothing for the bride/groom to do at this point except, perhaps, inquire with the parish that prepared the documents or the place of marriage.
- "With Delegate" means that the file is waiting to be approved by the priest in the Dispensation Office responsible for granting the marriage permissions and dispensations.
- "Returned to Parish" means that the Dispensation Office is finished with the file and has sent it to the place of marriage. The bride/groom can make further enquiry with the place of marriage.
- "Transmitted to Other Diocese" means that the Dispensation Office is finished with the file and has transmitted it to the diocese where the place of marriage is located. The bride/groom can make further inquiry with that diocese or the place of marriage.