The Archdiocese does not pay scholarship monies to women or couples directly. If you need financial assistance in order to learn to use a method of NFP, please contact the NFP Coordinator for a list of teaching centers offering scholarships at 313.237.4679 or email@example.com. All inquiries will remain confidential.
NFP Studen Scholarship Grants
The Archdiocese of Detroit sponsors annual grants in the amount of $1,000 per teaching center to be used to fund scholarships to women and couples in need of financial assistance in order to learn a method of Natural Family Planning. Teaching centers that provide NFP instruction at no cost to communities demonstrating financial need may also apply to use this grant to fund the purchase of teaching materials, supplies, and training costs for instructors. To apply for this grant, please complete and submit the application found here. Grant Distribution of Funds found here.
Instructor Education Scholarship
The Archdiocese of Detroit offers three $550 scholarships per year to support the training of Natural Family Planning instructors in any method of NFP approved by the USCCB. This includes the Billings Ovulation Method, Family of the Americas, SymptoPro (Northwest Family Services), the Marquette Model, and the Creighton Model (more locations can be viewed here).
Scholarship applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Catholic in good standing, living within the boundaries of the Archdiocese of Detroit
- Accepted to an instructor education program for a method of NFP approved by the USCCB
- Currently using an approved method of NFP, or beyond reproductive years, but well-versed in NFP methodology
- Provide and essay or mission statement regarding his/her motivations to begin teaching NFP
- Complete a brief interview with the NFP Coordinator
- Commit to teaching within the boundaries of the Archdiocese of Detroit for a minimum of 2 years after completion of training
- Provide instruction to women and couples according to the USCCB standards for Diocesan NFP Teachers
- Maintain continued communication with NFP Coordinator as requested
To apply for this scholarship, complete the application found here, as well as the requirements listed within the application. Please send questions, applications and requested documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 313.237.4679 for more information.
Local Instructor Education Programs
The Diocese of Lansing is hosting and an Education Program for instructors of the Creighton Model beginning November 7, 2020. For more information about this training opportunity, please contact Kathy Rivet, Program Director, at margueriteFertilityCare@gmail.com.